BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'll Be Home For Christmas!

I haven't been away from home that long, just four short months, but I CANNOT wait to be home for Christmas. I don't get to be home for very long, but all the same.. I do get to be home. I can't imagine not being with my family on Christmas day. I am counting down the days until I get to head up to the good ol' Valley. Luckily.. there are only two short days left! I am so excited to finally meet my newest nephew Austin, and to spend time with my sisters and parents. That's the best gift at Christmas. Family.

Also, as Christmas draws nearer... I find myself constantly thinking about my Savior. I love him so much. He is my older brother. He died for ME. Specifically for ME. I have read and reread the story of his birth and am filled with so much gratitude and love every time I read the story. I attended a family ward last week, (that I don't belong to and my Brother and sister don't belong to) and they had the best lesson in their Sunday School class. The spirit was so strong as the teacher discussed Christ's birth and told us the importance of remembering the true meaning of Christmas. So, this year, my thoughts have been with my Savior. Rather than wondering what gifts i'll be receiving this year from friends and family, I try and remember the gifts my Savior has already given me.

Christmas time is a time of joy, family, and fun. But it is also a time of remembrance. So, this Christmas, I hope each of you take the time to remember your Savior and all he has done for you!

Merry Christmas!

0 comments: