BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 22, 2009

The Trek was Amazing!

Well, I just got back from the Trek and I have to say it was on of the best experiences I have ever had. As my family and I trudged up the mountain side, I believe I felt maybe an inkling of what the pioneers felt. The women's pull was probably the hardest and it made me appreciate what the women pioneers did and what they went through.
The most spiritual part of the trek was probably before we did the river crossing. Our company had about an hour before it was our turn to cross the river so our leaders told us the story of the Sweet Water River Crossing along with some other pioneer stories. As I listened I felt the spirit so strongly and was glad I had my sunglasses on to keep my tears hidden from view.
I had the opportunity to do a lot of thinking on this trek as well, and have come to the conclusion that I deffinately would not have made a good pioneer and that there is actually a reason my Father in Heaven waited to send me down to earth at this time period. ;)

0 comments: